God has blessed us with individuals who faithfully and generously support the women and children of Pandita Ramabai Mukti Mission in India. Mukti Mission takes this trust very seriously. We seek to be transparent in all of our financial dealings. Thank you for giving us your trust. As you read you will learn the basis of your trust.
Mukti Mission ensures that donations are used for the purposes for which they are given. When we receive more donations for a given project than can be wisely applied to that project, we use these funds to meet similar pressing needs.
Being accountable to our donors is a core value for Mukti Mission. We are committed to investing at least 82 percent of gifts received to directly benefit the Mission in India. Careful oversight of our administrative spending allows us to bring hope and life to the women and children in Mission care. Your gifts! Our accountability!
With our focus on maintaining transparency in our financial dealings before our God and our donor base, we hold the following financial values as worthy of our continuing commitment.
- We subscribe to a written statement of faith clearly affirming our commitment to the evangelical Christian doctrine.
- We are governed by a Board of Directors. Our Board meets to establish Mission strategy and policies, approve yearly budgets, review progress, and set goals for the future.
- Our financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. We require a full annual audit in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards by an independent public accounting firm. Copies of our current audited financial statements are available upon request or can be downloaded.
- Our Board reviews the annual audit and reports on its findings to our Partners.
- We do not sell our mailing list to any groups wishing to use the names and addresses of our partners.
The Trust Factor
Being accountable to our donors is a core value for Mukti Mission. We strive for transparency through our own accountability to both the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) and through the Guidestar Exchange. ECFA is the standard bearer for missions organizations of integrity and the Missions long-term membership, since 1987, offers assurance and confidence for your giving. GuideStar USA, Inc. is an information service specializing in reporting on U.S. non-profit companies. Founded in September 1994, the company posted nonprofit organizations financial reports online. In 2014, the Mission became a GOLD Participant. Additional accountability for US donors is assured through visits to the Mission by the Executive Director, Board members, and others in the Mission travelling to the Mission in India on a regular basis.
This website belongs to Mukti Mission which receives all contributions from the USA for the Pandita Ramabai Mukti Mission in India. Our US headquarters is located at 40 Church St. High Bridge, NJ. 08829. Mukti Mission is a public charity exempt from US federal income tax as a Section 501(c)(3) organization as outlined in the Internal Revenue Code. The Mission complies fully with federal and state charitable solicitation requirements and is a Member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Contributions to Mukti Mission are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Requests for copies of recent financial statements, Form 990, annual report or other information may be directed to (908) 638-3112. Mukti Mission controls 100 percent of the funds contributed.